Latest News

    Featured Posts

    Social Icons

Loading...
.

Ice Bucket Challenge: Woman Barely Escapes Tragedy

ADVERTISEMENT HERE
A middle-aged woman participated in the Ice Bucket Challenge aimed at raising money for charity and suffered what was suspected to be a broken neck.
Amanda Davey
Amanda Davey
Ice Bucket Challenge is a campaign to encourage donations to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) association and raise awareness about the disease. According to the rules, the person nominated by someone (usually a friend) should dump a bucket of ice water onto the head and donate, and then throw challenge to another person.


Amanda Davey
40-year-old Amanda Davey took part and with the help of her mother had water poured on her head. Metro reports that like many other people she reacted quite emotionally and still laughing ran away into the house while the water was still dripping from her body. As Amanda got inside barefoot, she slipped and fell, badly banging her head.
Upon regaining consciousness she went to the nearest hospital, as she was not feeling well. Doctors alleged she might have broken her neck.
Amanda Davey
Amanda Davey
She would later tell journalists:
“I was knocked out for a few seconds and when I opened my eyes my mum was asking if I was ok. I had pins and needles all down my arms and when I went to speak blurred words came out. I had only had half a glass of wine, so I know it wasn’t that. Luckily, she doctors established that it was a case of severe whiplash and she received the all clear. I knew I had really banged my head. The hospital thought I might have broken my neck, but when the doctor examined me he said I had been very lucky and only had severe whiplash.”
See the full video below:

It will be recalled that apart from ordinary people numerous celebrities have participated in the charity campaign. Last week we reported about famous footballers who had accepted the challenge, including Cristiano Ronaldo,  Lionel Messi, Sergio Aguero and David Beckham.
ADVERTISEMENT HERE

Post a Comment

CodeNirvana
Powered by Blogger.
© Copyright Nigerian Entertainment Blog
Back To Top